Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Beginning



Hello and Welcome to 'Meritage Shilohs - The Journey'

I am based in Hobart, Tasmania in the big country of Australia and have always been involved with animals. I first became fascinated by the Shiloh Shepherd some ten years ago when I 'happened' upon them whilst surfing the web. It was around the time when Artus was being introduced to the gene pool and I followed the story of his litters and breed development very closely. Unfortunately I was not in a position to follow my dream at that time but I did have a wonderful companion whom I likened to a Shiloh. His name was Mayo and he made an enormous impact on my life. We were best mates for 14 wonderful years.

Then, a change in circumstances enabled me to finally pursue my dream of meeting this amazing breed and to introduce these wonderful dogs to Australia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great start Jolanda. Now add some pictures of Tonrar and Zanthe with a bit about thier background and how you arranged for them to come to Austraila from the otherside of the world, Canada. That is going to make for some interesting reading.

Katherine
Vegreville, Canada.