Saturday, February 28, 2009

Visiting Canada

Once the decision had been made to catch this dream I had to decide the style of dog that appealed to me and then contact those kennels that bred them. This was easier said than done given that I was a relative stranger to the Shiloh Community and I had a lot of work to do in order to become known and for people to have some trust in me.

With some luck and a fair breeze I was fortunate to meet with Vanessa from Guardian Kennels via 'Cyber Technology'. We spoke a number of times and then it suddenly occurred to me that I really should go and make my acquaintance personally. 

Vanessa had two litters of puppies, both sired by her magnificent male, Chester. I loved both dams of these puppies and I really hoped that there might be two suitable girls to come to Australia. Timing was just right and with some careful planning I found myself with an air ticket to Alberta, Canada!

No comments: