Friday, October 2, 2009

More Images from Alberta






The flat lands in Alberta have very good oil reserves so from time to time you will see and oil pump as seen here on the right. Whilst in Alberta, friends of mine took me to a fabulous place
called Waterton which was not far from the US border. Here I saw my first wild bear!
Unfortunately he was too far away to get any good shots of him but I had to at least
demonstrate that I actually SAW a wild bear!!

I also saw a moose cow idly chewing away at the water weeds in a pond. And I also saw a herd of Bison! The bulls are awesome looking creatures and quite scary. People have a healthy respect for them. At Waterton the deer were very tame and walked freely around the township.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi jolanda,
i emailed you about a year ago about the possibility of acquiring a shiloh pup...how are your girls going? would love an update on your/their progress.
regards,
asha
d.o.t@live.com.au