Friday, October 2, 2009

Homecoming - Buffalo NY









Sorry, it has taken so long to get this together but I had over 1500 photos to process and it was so hard to hit the delete button!! Anyway, I have come up with some nice photos of the trip. So here's the story of my journey.

I arrived in Buffalo (New York State) very late on Thursday night and unfortunately missed out on the genetics seminar being held at Willards which was where



Homecoming was being held. For those that don't know, Homecoming is the annual get-together of ISSR registered Shilohs. It goes for about four days and includes meetings, seminars and of course the shows, one being the ISSR National Shiloh Show. This is a great opportunity to see Shilohs of all ages and it also gives one a snapshot of how the breed is progressing.

So the next three days were a blur of Shilohs and Shiloh people. It was wonderful to meet those people I had been chatting with on the forums and it was also a fabulous opportunity for me to see a variety of different Shilohs. I shared a hotel with Jessica Strauss (Strausshaus Shilohs in WA) her sister and two lovely Shiloh puppies who were to be subjects for a Litter Evaluation exercise. See the photos to the right. Also with our group was Kylie, the only other Australian but she had come from the UK where she was working and studying. I had not 'met' any of these people and it was an exciting and fun time!!

2 comments:

atsumi said...

Hello, nice to meet you,
My name is Atsumi,
I'm Japanese.

I'd like to take a Shiloh Shepherd to our family.
And I found your website on internet.

No Shiloh's breeders here in Japan, and I know only a few Shilohs too.
I met a Shiloh in Japan, and I was fascinated by him.
I love Shiloh's gentle character.

Are you still breeding Shiloh ?
If you are breeding Shiloh , could you sell me the puppy?
Can you export the puppy to Japan?
It's an entirely new experience for me, and I don't know about how much
does the costs.

If I can take a Shiloh to our family from you, I'll take on my dearest
forever.

I can't speak English well, and thanks reading my poor English.


Now I live with leon berger (♂)
I have a husband and a 2 years old daughter.They're doglovers too.

I'm really waiting for your mail.
Thanks a lot.

crea_silva@yahoo.co.jp

Brooke Cowley said...

Hi.
I too have been watching your blog hoping for some recent news..Is everything OK? I am in Melbourne and would love to hear more about your breeding plans for your gorgeous girls